Making Your Documents Accessible
If the concept of web accessibility is new to you, then the notion of accessible documentation must seem bizarre. But if you stop and think about the content and purpose of the documents you provide online, they’re a part of your content inventory, so it’s very important to design them with the same accessibility standards and guidelines in mind as you design your website.
In this guide, we’ll go over the following accessibility standards and how to accomplish them:
- Creating a document structure
- Inserting alternative text descriptions
- Making your hyperlinks meaningful
- Creating an accessible PDF from Word
- Using the Accessibility Checker tool