- Georgia.gov gives Georgians online access to information from agencies across state government, all from a single electronic door.
- Georgia.gov provides convenient 24/7 access to Georgia government services and information.
- Managed by the Georgia Technology Authority (GTA) since July 2002, georgia.gov links to thousands of pages of information and hundreds of State interactive services.
- Although most links go to state Web sites that were already in existence, GTA encourages each agency to develop a direct presence on the portal.
- The primary goal of georgia.gov is to provide best-of-class customer service by allowing convenient, anytime access to government information and services.
Georgia.gov Core Values
- Official (Authentic)
- Emphasis on Customers/Constituents (You)
0.1.2 State Agencies and Elected Officials
The goal of State agency and elected official websites is to give constituents information and services related to their agency. The information and services on these sites are specific to each agency’s mission and purpose, and each will be different. But all sites should try to accomplish three other goals:
- Assure citizens that they are on an official government website;
- Give them a common user experience;
- Stand behind Georgia.gov’s core values (see above).
This document will help you and your agency achieve these goals by ensuring that your site follows best practices and vetted standards that are common among the best websites.